Pieces of Bingo Trivia
The game of bingo has been around for a while, and it’s always kind of fun to have some tidbits of knowledge that you can pull out for your friends to impress them with your knowledge. Here are a few pieces of bingo trivia that you can drop at the hall or in an online chat game, just for the heck of it.
- Bingo has been known by many names since it made its first appearance in world history. In North America, the game was called “beano” in its first appearances on record. The game was called “Le Lotto” in France, and in Italy, where the game originated, it was known as “Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia”. It’s still called that in Italy today!
- The man who re-named the game was Edwin S. Lowe. He was a toy salesman based in New York who happened to be in the vicinity when someone yelled out “Bingo!” instead of “Beano!”. Lowe teamed up with math professor Carl Leffler to develop the game and add some variations as well as increase the number of possible combinations.
- When fans of bingo get together, they will often play bingo trivia using – bet you can’t guess! – bingo cards.
- Ingo became widespread when it was recognized as a good event to include in fundraisers. In fact, churches across North America recognized the potential of the game to raise money for charitable work. Because the game did not truly endorse gambling as there was always a winner and pure chance was the deciding factor, it was popular among almost all denominations.
- Way more women than men like playing bingo. It’s estimated that 80% of players are female.
- In its original form, bingo was played with 90 numbers instead of the 75 numbers popular in North America today. The 90 ball variation is still the most popular form in the world, and the game is alternatively known as “housie” (because in the third round a winner is said to have a full house) in English speaking countries outside of North America.
So there you have it, a list of some bingo trivia that is bound to impress your friends or get you laughed at. If your memory doesn’t retain information that well, don’t worry. A working knowledge of the history of the game isn’t among the bingo essentials a player needs to win!
All About Bingo Trivia
Bingo, especially online bingo is becoming the new trend all over the world. More and more players join the online bingo brigade. And with good reason – not only is playing online easier and more convenient…
Online Bingo Software
Online bingo software powers bingo games across the web. This software comes in two different forms: download bingo and non-download bingo.The online bingo software for download bingo games needs to be…
Bingo Conception?At the minimum, Bingo has been developing for a sliver shy of 5 centuries, tracing back to 1530 in Italy. It was then a “lottery” game called “Lo Giuoco Code Lotto”. By the 1700s you could…
A Guide To Free Bingo Playing
Move over Ludo! Stash away the cards! Checkmate Chess! For Bingo is here. One of the most popular indoor games ruling the roost, now comes free. Thats right! You can easily get free bingo software at most…